Wednesday, June 09, 2010

SETBACKS THAT I LOVE

we all need the occassional setbacks to propel us forward in life. a lot of times, we view 'setbacks' literally as being incidents that obstruct us from reaching our goals. ironically, it is these obstruction that fuels us even more strongly to breakthrough and reach another level.

simply put for my case, i feel that every time i get hit by a criticism about my singing or songwriting, it gives me a 'mini goal' to accomplish. all these small steps that i take brings me further than what i could ever imagined it to be.

not surprisingly, with every video i put up, every song that i sing, every song that i write, i want to be better than before. now, i'm taking longer to put up a video. this is good because i want to make sure i put up something that keeps showing that i'm improving.

120 subscribers right now. my goal - 1,000,000. haha sounds far fetched but i gave myself 3 years and unlimited times of putting up videos. someday, i'll make it. it's how i brace myself through the obstacles right now.

the present is a gift. i look at these 120 people who believes in me right now and i always tell myself. i should really do something to get to know these 120 people. i'm currently thinking of putting up a video to thank these people who believes in me.. all these mean so much, so much to me.

if you happen to be reading this, i would like to thank you for this amazing gift you have for me. i know this is very hard to keep my word to but i would have to hold on to this belief. as long as 1 person is touched by my song and singing.

i'll keep on singing.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

all e best, believe in yourself. criticism is good as it allows you to improve and becoming better.When theres a will, theres always a way! *moral support*! =D

小朋友 said...

i am reading this! - scott

joel- said...

here's wishing you to Keeps Gettin' Better.. you're a Fighter!! you're Bionic!! you're EDISON JUSTIN CROSS :D

we love you edi :D