Sunday, March 21, 2010

today was an eventful day for me, with millions of thoughts struck in my head. the best of all, all these thoughts were all about one simple idea - passion.

i'm going to do something really stupid here, but i hope you don't mind. i'm going to list out the things that i love to do. things that will energize me the more i get myself involved in.

1) i love to write. not just stories, but great ideas, philosophies, enlightenment, etc. i love to inspire with words.

2) music and lyrics. tell a story and inspire with a song.

3) experiencing life. through the third person perspective. observation of people, in the society. to seek understanding, and experience the pieces of life - through others.

and the best medium for me to translate all these thoughts and emotions are through the power of language and music.

the purpose of listing out these passions is for me to voice out the avenues available for me to transform them into reality. at the same time, for me to evaluate the pros and cons of 'realizing' my dreams.

1) all i need is to start writing! since i love to write, i should work on it. be really good at what i do. someday, someone will bound to see the value in my writings and publish me. well, if i'm not going to start now, then when?

2) writing music, to me, isn't about the fame or money. to me, it is about sharing these pieces of my life with people. and hopefully through these pieces of my life, it can heal and inspire the broken hearted - the same way many people's pieces of life had healed my broken heart and inspired me to become a better person.

3) the only way for me to experience more of life is through meeting people. i should interact with more people, on a deeper level, to gain more perspectives to life. and of course, to open up my heart, mind, and soul, to understand crazy novel ideas and thoughts.

someday, i do wish to complete this puzzle on life.

2 comments:

Jackson said...

思维很独特,从文字里能感觉你沸腾的
情感。。。谢谢你的创作!

kelvin =) said...

Hi Edjustin, came upon this entry here...and I would like to say how very impress I am with your choice to pursue this passion of yours.  Firstly, it’s not stupid to announce out your dreams and passion to the world. Some may ridicule you, others may give your positive encouragements. It’s the people in the second group that you would like to stick with and let them help you realise this dream of yours. Besides, music and language has been the most powerful tool over centuries in shaping people’s life, perspectives and culture. It has given many people over the world hope and motivation in their everyday lives too. It’s been said that it’s the song writer that makes the artiste brilliant, but of course it takes 2 hands to clap. All the best song writers in the world in fact , have been thru many ups and downs in their lives, that made them compose amazingly beautiful songs that relate to their personal lifestyle. Nevertheless, it’s heartening to see that despite being in a country tt doesn’t appreciate raw talent, we shouldn’t let that stifle our dreams. I feel that having only one shot at this game of life, we should pursue what we are passionate for. By doing what we like, would enable us to excel at it, and bring out the best in us that we would never expect to see. Hope to be able to hear you sing your own written song one day! =D Keep that fire going!
Cheers,
Someone who has been there before.