Friday, August 12, 2005

DIAMONDS, PEARLS & ROCK.

the pasture is always greener on the otherside. likewise in life, we often compare what we have with others. silly it is but inevitable.


one fine day, i was walking down the street and i found a rock.
it's a beautiful rock, i must say. well-defined edges. smooth surface. opaque black.

i love it.

i met up with a friend for lunch on that fine day. i was so eager to show him the rock that i'd found.

he came with a big grin on his face. i wondered why his grin was that wide.

i saw something sparkling in his hands. he opened up and showed me what he'd found.

a diamond.

wow. i told him. it's beautiful.

we had our lunch and seperated to fufill our own agendas.

i didn't show him my rock.


another fine day, i was playing with my rock when i received a call from my friend.

he told me his diamond was gone.

what happened? i asked him.

someone took it away, he cried.

i consoled him but he was still sad.

you will find a better one okay? i assured him.

we hung up shortly after that.


i looked at my rock. it sat there quietly.

all these while, it had always been here with me.

carve your name on me, my rock told me.

whiteskyblue, i carved on it.


i walked on the street.

i held my rock visible.

i see happy people holding diamonds and pearls.

the sad people who held nothing envy those with diamonds and pearls.

--- none of them stared at mine.

i grinned.

people may have sparklings diamonds and precious pearls.

i have a rock.


my rock.

0 comments: